Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear liquid foundation


So I recently purchased the Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear liquid foundation($40 CAD). It claims to be enduring, shine-free make up, 18-hour retouch free , oil-free and SPF 15 sunscreen. It's also recommended for normal to oily skin. I purchased this in Buff5C and i am a NC25 in the Mac studio fix foundation. I would love to like this foundation but it's actually the foundation that makes me the most oily... The finish of this foundaion on me is dewy and it gives a glow to my face, while I expected it to be matte. I put on my Shu Uemura loose powder on top, which makes my face look completely matte, but my face starts looking like oil slick within an hour. I have no idea why this foundation makes me so oily, the revlon colorstay even controls the oil on my face better than the Lancome. I did use the Shu Uemura primer prior to the Lancome foundaion but it didn't help a bit. Maybe I should try using the Lancome foundation without any primer? Sounds like that wouldn't help though.
Anyway, this gives me a medium coverage and I think you can build it up. I've been applying it with my MAC 188 brush which gives me an airbrushed look.And I do really like the coverage of this foundation. Oh, another thing I like about this is that I've always had a problem with covering the redness/darkness alongside my nose. All my other foundations/ concealers smudges as the day goes on because I get oily there. It looks really nasty when it starts to smudge, but the Lancome foundation fixed the problem. I even considered putting some Urban Decay eye primer potion along side my nose because nothing could stop my foundation/concealer from moving..! Haha I haven't tried that yet =P

Anyway I'll try to wear the foundation in different ways and maybe I can find a way to make it look less oily on my face. I'm going to try wearing my Sheseido sunscreen underneath because it actually kind of control my oil production, surprsingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment