Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shu Uemura vs. Sheseido Eyelash curler




Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
I became interested in this curler when my cousin told me that it's supposed to be better than Sheseido's Curler. I loved the Sheseido one so I guess I had to try this out!
I tested it out at the Shu Uemura store and I actually couldnt really tell if its that great cuz I had mascara on and everything. Since my natural lashes are straight and poin downward, it wasn't accurate testing it at the store anyway. So when I used it at home on my fresh lashes, I found that it wasn't clamping as close to my lash line as Sheseido's curler. However, I heard that the Shu Uemura supposedly gives you a natural curl, or like the natural curve of lashes. (And that is why you clamp your lashes at 3 different spots as well)

Sheseido Eyelash Curler
This was the first curler that I ever got. This summer when I went back to HK, I looked for the new Sheseido Curler but it's like double the price of the original one! I had no idea why that was, but the sales person said that it clamps even closer to ur lashes than the original one. Well, I didnt think that was neccessary. I love this curler and I use it everyday. I haven't touched my Shu Uemura curler in a long time actually. At one point, I used both curlers each time I did my make up. Since the sheseido curls close to my lashes and the Shu curls midway to my lashes.

Personally, I like having my lashes visible from the front view of my face. So i like them sticking up as high as possible, obviously not passing my eyebrows but you know what I mean!
And so it's kind of a personal choice depending on how you'd like your lashes to look.
Natural Curve or You don't care?
They both come with extra rubbers but I never changed it. haha. I believe the Shu Uemura curler sells for $20 CAD at sephora but I'm not sure how much the sheseido costs. I dont regret buying the Shu curler though, it's still not bad! I'm going to try to use it more often from now on... But I usually go for the Sheseido if I'm in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment